Faculty of Computing is a constituent unit of Riphah International University. Initially it started working as Riphah Institute of Informatics (RII) affiliated with University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Taxila and offered Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering and Information Technology. In year 2002, after the Charter given to the University, Faculty of Computing started its own degree program at graduate and undergraduate levels.
Faculty of computing aims to produce highly skilled computer engineers with an ambition to learn and explore and contribute to the computing field.
To extend University state of the art education in situation with a force on inculcating Islamic ethical values necessary for indigenous development of technology and to produce top quality computing professional capable of handling any challenge.
Scope and Job Prospects
The graduates can join the computing field, top growing industry in Pakistan and all over the world and can initiate their professions in the following ways;
- Software development and software quality assurance
- Information systems operation and management
- Technical writers
- Web and mobile applications
- Game development
Faculty of computing offers divergent programs developed after extensive academic research and wrought under the influence of broad experience. Currently we offer both undergraduate and graduate programs in the field of computing. These programs meet the national requirements as identified by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) and are in line with the international curriculum of IEEE ACM.
Our undergraduate program is designed to equip the students with technical knowledge of the fundamentals of computing, their mathematical foundations and their application. A sequence of courses is designed so that theoretical study is amalgamated with practical on ground exercises. The pedagogy employed is learning by doing thereby marking the most distinguished aspect of our program. We believe that teaching should not be confined in between the class room walls, rather it should be activity driven combining lecturing, assigning real life projects and imparting soft skills. This beyond class room experience prepares the students with computing skills, ability to solve problems, and for tackling the challenges in a team work environment.
Keeping the our teaching philosophy in mind our educational objectives for the Bachelor of Science program are that in three to five years after graduation, our software engineers can
- Pursue professional practice of software engineering or advanced studies based on the acquired technical skills and knowledge in mathematics, science, computer science, software engineering and supported disciplines.
- Efficiently develop requirement specifications and analyze, design, synthesize, test , verify, validate, implement, document and maintain high quality and secure software components, processes and systems using appropriate software engineering principles, techniques and tools
- Advance in the software engineering profession while working in a multidisciplinary team environment, supported by their abilities to lead projects and effectively communicate with the varied stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate professionalism, success and leadership in their work, and understand the impact of software engineering solutions in a global and societal context using knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Exhibit an awareness of their professional and social responsibilities as a software engineer by making an impact on the society in an ethical and responsible manner.